Prompt 3

I don’t know if I have missed any previous posts, but it doesn’t appear that there are any projects that resemble mine…I hope that the project is within the scope of the course. With this, I must bid you all goodnight, the rats are to be injected now. Have a great night!

2 Responses to Prompt 3

1. I’m thinking through some topics for my project regarding the influence of environment on the development of the self, so I think there could be a few pieces of overlap between us in, at least, for example, something like peak experience (which I may include via travel/adventure narrative and daredevil acts–which could be seen as having an addictive component–concerning the environment natural/built structures). That new experiences/surroundings through change in environment or conquering (ingesting?) environment create certain changes in self or states of self. The feelings brought on by these changes could overlap in some ways with the feelings one might have with various drugs and their effects on the body, depending on the drug (exhilaration/euphoria, loss of sense of time, a feeling of oneness, mindfulness, flow, escape, causing the body to function at different and sometimes more optimal levels, etc.). Also, economics can play a part in a person’s access to/resignation in and dynamics within/interaction with an environment in somewhat similar fashion to the way that drugs is also touched by economics (circles of use/abuse, who gets access to various drugs and how, prescribed or extracurricular whether for mental or bodily health, to escape and/or to feel good/”better”). Just throwing these ideas out there as food for thought regarding overlap.

2. No worries. Your project is well within the scope of the course–and it’s fascinating. I think it does overlap with some others’ projects, particularly the ones focused on how social or environmental contexts shape the experience of self.