- Alva Noë: "Why Is Consciousness So Baffling?"
- Antonio Damasio: "The Quest to Understand Consciousness"
- Big Think: "Antonio Damasio & Siri Hustvedt"
- Big Think: "Daniel Dennett"
- californica: portrait of the artist as an organism (Jason Tougaw's blog)
- Daniel Dennett: "Cute, Sexy, Sweet, Funny"
- Emily Singer: "The Measured Life"
- Extraordinary People: The Boy Who Could See Without Eyes
- Gail Hornstein's Bibliography of "First Person Narratives of Madness in English"
- Gail Horstein, "The Hearing Voices Network"
- Gary Wolf on "The Quantified Self"
- Hearing the Voice Project
- Interview with Alva Noë (Salon)
- Jesse Prinz: "Waiting for the Self"
- Jill Bolte Taylor: "My Stroke of Insight"
- Koestenbaum on Viegener
- Maud Casey
- Rufus May: "Living Mindfully with Voices"
- Siri Hustvedt
- Tarnation Trailer
- The Quantified Self
- V.S. Ramachandran: "3 Clues to Understanding Your Brain"
- We Live in Public Trailer
Daily Archives: May 19, 2015
While perusing the available MALS classes that fit into my strange work schedule, for the spring semester. I was lucky enough to see this introductory course and instantly found the topic area intriguing. I have found that the readings and … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Reviewing Self
Final Essay Checklist
Before handing in or uploading your final essay on May 27th, I suggest (strongly) that you to examine the questions below. Ideally, the answer to all of the questions below will be “yes.” ____ I have a really good title for my paper. ____ … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Final Essay Checklist
Why the Self?
I was very against taking an Introduction to Graduate Studies course but have thoroughly enjoyed the readings and conversations. I signed up for Inventing the Self because it sounded the most interesting and because I immediately started formulating ideas for … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Why the Self?